Bright, Talented, and Black: A Guide for Families of Black Gifted Learners (pre-order 12/1/22 release date)
Bright, Talented & Black 2.0 is the book that so many have been waiting for. The one that addresses the specific needs of high potential needs of students who are most at risk in schools across the nation. Parents, families, educators, and advocates will read and be able to use the resources provided in this book to save the dreams of countless Black gifted students and others who have been overlooked and marginalized while improving the outcomes for humanity as a whole.
What’s new in BTB 2.0:
- Updated student and parent scenarios of real-life experiences of how they view they view the world, interact with others, and how they continue to be misunderstood and underestimated. These stories are telling and will resonate with our readers
- A section on Highly Gifted Black students including real-time interviews providing insight into their lives, challenges, and successes;
- Suggestions for parents and educators addressing the needs intersectional needs of 3E Gifted students, those who are multi-exceptional (being gifted, having a disability, and being culturally diverse);
- Strategies to address the microaggressions, implicit bias, and stereotyping faced by Black gifted students in schools and communities across the nation;
- Updated research on equity and access issues in programming across the nation;
The updated Appendix includes:
- A new listing of ‘mirror books’ for Black Gifted students of all ages;
- A new listing of ‘books to enlighten Black families’ (including contemporary texts from gifted education, equity/social justice, and cultural competency education)
- An updated listing of resources and enrichment programs across the nation, and a
- Copy of the highly regarded ‘Culturally Responsive Equity-Based Bill of Rights for Gifted Students of Color’ created by a group of expert scholars in the education of Black gifted students.